Thursday, August 29, 2013
I used bits and pieces from my August Studio Calico kit. I had several sequins left, so I decided to layer them all under a diecut feather that I cut with my Silhouette machine. The cut is an Amy Tangerine diecut and it's my favorite feather cut I've found. I love the way this looks! And I used up all of my sequins from this kit!! YAY! I do have several thousand leftover sequins from other kits and purchases, so I felt safe in stash busting these!! ;)
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!! :)
Saturday, August 10, 2013
I used products from my August Studio Calico kit that I received on Wednesday. I got the idea to have the threads match the color strips of the paper as soon as I saw all the contents of my kit on Wednesday, which included such a fun fun AT sewing template kit, but I didn't have all the colors of threads to match. So, I had to wait until the next day to go buy the threads. Then when I got to the store (Hobby Lobby), I realized that I forgot to bring the paper with me to match the colors. The store was closing in 20 minutes so I couldn't come back and I REALLY wanted to start creating, so I grabbed about 12 different aquas (I already had my cream color - Buttercream from some Sew Easy threads I had) and hoped they would match close enough. And they do match - close enough. Maybe not perfectly, but perfect enough for me!! :)\
After all the stitching, I just layered using things from both the SC scrapbook kit and the SC PL kit too. I love to cut the PL cards apart and layer with them. I filled the vellum envie with some turquoise sequins that I had in my stash and cut my title using my Silhouette Cameo. I thought about stitching the tag too, but I really wanted the stitching down the side to be the star, so I took my Distress marker and colored the & on the tag to bring out the shape more and to match the cut title. After scattering a few sequins and attaching a stray cut that I had on my desk (the scrolly stars) I was done!
Thanks so much for stopping by!! :)
Monday, August 5, 2013
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a double layer large title - one gray cardstock and one vellum, which I offset layered. I then layered on several photos and my smaller title. For the "ghost" and "N.O." letters, I painted some cork Thickers using some crackle paint in picket fence. I love the effect it gave to the letters! I actually used my borders punch here - I haven't used them in ages!! I'm still into typing my journaling onto vellum. I used products from my July Studio Calico scrapbook and project life kits, plus bits and pieces from my stash.
Thanks so much for looking!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)