Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Katy Perry Challenge

I'm usually absolutely horrible at challenges where I have to use a song lyric - and we were even assigned to a certain lyric from Katy Perry's "Baby You're A Firework" song, but Christine was so very kind and gave me a lyric that wasn't too hard and I thought it described my youngest daughter perfectly!! Thank you Christine!! :) I used some Maya mists to mist some stars and them I misted some white Mister Huey onto a "bubble" stamp and stamped down the middle between the diecut paper. I love the way this turned out!! And I LOVE this layout - my favorite I recently made (and I REALLY loved my teatime layout!). I used my very brand spanking new Studio Calico kit I got yesterday evening (March's kit). I think I'm really going to enjoy using this kit up!! Thanks so much for looking!! :)

5 comments:

  1. The kit IS great. I think it's my favorite SC kit in a long time. I am going to scrap tonight, woo!

    This layout is so cool, I think I'm going to scraplift it. I especially like the bubble effect, the little start stitches, and those colors!

    It amuses me that you did a Katy Perry song. Did you even know who that was before this challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love!!! Love the bubble stamp, how you worked it, but what is Mister Huey? I love how you used the diecut paper and as for the song, I LOVE that KP song! It's the only one of hers I like, actually, very motivational and great for self-esteem (i.e. in young girls). Great work Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You are the queen of misting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool use of the bubble stamp and I like the way you've cut the die cut paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you stole the Babbling Brook Kit right out of my cart! lol. I missed out on it, but I tried two times to get it, had it and then lost it by going back for more. I adore your layout. I think you totally rocked it, like the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete