Wednesday, November 30, 2011
I used my Nov Handmade Studio Calico kit to make this layout - with some punches (the plaid border punch by EK Success and the Medallion Martha Stewart Punch) and some extra goodies I had sitting on my scrap table - LOVE those wooden Prima buttons!! I did a lot of misting and used a few star SC rub-ons that I've been hoarding!! TFL!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
603 Lotus punch and the centers of the flowers are actually the punched leftover from the 4 in 1 902 Daisy punch. I just used the little leftover daisies which were punched from the glitter paper available here.
To make the repetitive punches of the flowers so so much easier, I used the Punch Mate tool. It was the first time I used that tool and it was so easy to use and made punching several of the same shapes so very quick! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!
Monday, November 14, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Supplies: Patterned Paper -GCD Studios: Vintage Birdie, Homespun Chic ; Brown Mod, SoulFood ; Lovely Green, Soul Food ; Chipboard Letters, Great Outdoors ; Chipboard Flower, Chipboard Stickers, Great Outdoors ; Twine, Twinery; Punch, EK Success; Artisan Tape, American Crafts; sticker letters, Sassafras.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
You simply have to spray several thin layers of the looking glass paint on the inside of the glass pieces (If possible - I wasn't able to do that to the candlesticks, so I just sprayed the outside of them). It takes a while and several coats of paint - making sure that it's dry between each coat. The small candlesticks took the paint the best - they are 25% leaded glass (still had the tags on them) so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. The Christmas tree was the hardest to do because the paint just kept sliding right off of the glass. I finally just sprayed a whole bunch on the inside, set it on it's side and rolled it back and forth for several minutes until it got coated. It's not perfect, but that's ok - mercury glass has an imperfect look to it anyway! After the pieces were coated how I wanted them to look, I took some black paint (which I already had) and sponged little spots all over the pieces, making sure to kind of rub it in with my fingers so the black wasn't so sharp and crisp looking. After the black paint dried, I sprayed one more thin layer of the silver on top of it.
I love the way these turned out, and all I spent was $22 in total which includes both cans of paint and all the glass pieces!! I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas now!!