Friday, March 30, 2012

Layering and white space....



I'm loving the new trend of layering and pops of color on white - it's just so clean and spring-like! I made both of these layouts using my March Studio Calico kit which I finally broke into after I was finished doing all of the dt work that I had due all at once! On both of these layouts, I used a piece/pieces that I diecut using my Silhouette Cameo from a plain piece of white cardstock. On the top layout, I simply layered the diecut chevron piece on top of a white piece of cardstock that I first misted using Bonny Blue Mister Huey. I machine stitched my piece in place then I just started layering! I fussy cut the large diamond borders and even used a glassine baggie that actually contained some embellishments from the kit. The photo is one of my sister and me one Christmas morning having a tea party with our new toys.

The bottom layout was for a challenge on the Studio Calico blog to make a layout using a photo of food. This was an easy challenge as I have at least 100 photos of food - I always take a picture of our food at restaurants for some weird reason - it just looks so scrumptious!! I took two of the chevron diecut pieces and layered some patterned paper underneath them. I then started the layering again until I was happy with the design!

FYI - the diecut pieces were all from one design that I bought from the Silhouette store - that was such a great deal - 3 designs for the price of one!!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous!!!! So many great details :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep being tempted by people's silhouettes... between you and Tara! I too love the look of layers and colours on white. So rarely use it but really should.

    ReplyDelete