Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's been slow going lately.....

Lately I have just not been in the mood to scrap - unfortunately that hasn't stopped me from buying - Eek!! I've been trying to jumpstart my mojo by joining in on challenges and this is the 4/16 weekly designer challenge on the Studio Calico blog. The challenge was to use some raw chipboard letters for the titles  and/or journaling. These letters are some Studio Calico kit exclusive Thickers that were in the March 2012 SC kit. I love the font of these!

For this layout, I wanted to use some of my new (see I keep buying!!) Studio Calico wood veneer frames for a couple of photos and then in the others I wanted to house some fun embellishments. Of course I had to add some misting (love that mask made by Christie Tomlinson!!) - I used my white Mister Huey. My new favorite way to add some journaling is to type it on vellum and cut it out in strips - it just kind of blends in better when I'm layering it on patterned paper. Some of the products are from my April City of Lights Studio Calico kit, and some were from my stash of recently purchased items - the stick pins, pennants, and buttons are all from My Minds Eye and the camera/heart flair button is from Ormolu.

Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

  1. I wish my lack of mojo looked like this! I love the colors--unusual ones for you--and the little pieces of flare everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful! I love how your little clusters look like picture frames of goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hear ya. I REALLY miss scrapping! BUT... I *have* been sewing. So at least I'm doing *something* crafty... ;-)

    Love this layout! The design is awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool design with the misted pattern forming the base for your circles of clusters. So fun.

    ReplyDelete