Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My first Colorbok/Making Memories blogpost!


I'm so excited to show you a layout that I created using some very fun products that have a bright and summery feel to them.
I love lots of layers on my projects (yes all of my albums are very lumpy!) and there are so many products you can choose from that mix and match so well using Colorbok products!
010 copy (475x474)
I used a piece of the pink Primary Pizazz Textured Cardstock as a base piece for my layout and then layered a piece of the neon yellow diagonal Craft Paper Neon Pop on top of that. Whenever I layer one piece of paper on top of the other I always cut out the center piece of the bottom piece (the part that doesn't show) so I haven't wasted a whole piece of paper where you only see around the edge. I used that bottom center cut piece (the pink cardstock) to cut out my title using my Silhouette Cameo and let me just say that the cardstock cuts like butter on my Silhouette!
008 copy (475x324)
I continued to layer some pieces from the Heidi Grace Sunshowers Collection. I used a page from the chipboard album (the aqua page) and started layering on top of that. I always seem to have an extra page or two when I make a mini album (too chunky if I use all of them!) but I hate to just waste the one page that I may have leftover, so I try and incorporate them into a layout or card. I threaded a piece of ribbon through the side holes and then started layering some paper from the 6x6 paper pad, a photo mat, a file folder frame which houses a photo of my daughter and some journaling inside which I tied shut with some twine, some layered fabric flowers with a brad center, and some stickers and a button scattered around to complete my project!
009 copy (475x325)
I hope you've enjoyed seeing the fun way you can mix and match Colorbok products to create bright summer project! You can find the Textured Cardstock and Neon Pop Craft Paper pads at Walmart and the Heidi Grace products are available at Joann's.
Have fun creating!! :)
Valerie2 copy

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Valerie! I like the way you layer and scatter - such fun bright colours too.

    ReplyDelete