Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Vintage Christmas....

I love making layouts using vintage photos of my sister and me when we were little! I have a collection of photos that I had printed from some slides I found at my mother's house that I pull out every once in a while when the right paper line  - whether it be the designs or colors of the line - catches my eye and gives me that nostalgic feeling. Both the designs and the colors of the Christmas add-on collection in the December 2013 Studio Calico kits prompted me to use this photo of my sister and me from 1970. It's not the best photo because it has a red flair right down the middle of the both of us, but I feel lucky to have a few photos of us back then!

I loved the harlequin like shapes that were left behind in the punched out diecuts that were in the kit. I decided to quilt together different patterned papers around the photo with the leftover piece and then I filled in each diamond with different embellishments. I used pops of gold with the rub-ons and a heat embossed stamped ornament (I used American Crafts glitter gold embossing powder). The little sticker stamps reminded me of the Christmas stamps that were available during that era (and I used to collect them)! I included pops of aqua and pink with the puffy stars and dots and some patterned paper. I included a vintage style Santa flair too! The title cut that I purchased from Silhouette America and cut on my Cameo also had a throwback feel to it! I cut it out of white cardstock and then sprayed it was Gold Lame Heidi Swapp spray mist. I think that the aqua ribbon really pulls the layout all together and gives an all wrapped up look to my layout. This is definitely one of my favorite layouts I've made recently!! :)

Thank so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great layout! I love how you used the leftover diamond piece from the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest layout!! LOVE everything about it-great elements for retro style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest layout!! LOVE everything about it-great elements for retro style.

    ReplyDelete