Saturday, February 15, 2014

Front Porch Kit Reveal Day - "Your Time to Shine"

It's time for the full reveal!! Here is what comes in your kit - lots of beautiful papers, metallic gold and silver, bling, glitter ribbons, a stamp set designed by Reverse Confetti, and even a 6x12 canvas!! Lots of goodies to get your creative juices flowing!!
Here are the projects that I made
First is a layout that I made using a photo of my daughter and me. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the Dresden quilt pattern and stitched it onto my page to peak out from under my photo.
Next I used a photo of my youngest dd on this layout. I did some fussy cutting and stamping to create a border across the top of my layout. I used gold ink and then used gold Stickles for the dots in the i's. And for even more bling, there is a border of sequins across the bottom of the page!

 Since it was so close to Valentine's Day I have had hearts on my mind, so I created a heart wall hanging with the canvas piece. I first painted it using some wall paint sample that I had sitting around. I then layered on black cardboard pieces across the canvas. I cut my base hearts (the dark pink) from the material in the kit. I then cut some pinked hearts (using my Silhouette Cameo) in descending sizes and layered them. I sewed down the middle of the hearts (sewing some sequins down the center of the middle heart), adhered them to the canvas, and popped the edges up. I used the scroll stamp from the stamp set to create borders at the top and bottom of the canvas and accented them with pearl paint. I then splattered the whole canvas with some gold lame spray mist. I attached some ribbon to some eye hooks that I screwed into the top of my canvas to hang.
My next project is a double page layout with photos of my son and his bride. I used black cardstock as my base and diecut a chevron border across the middle of the pages. I backed the cuts with patterned papers. I also diecut the title and then spritzed it with some shiny spray mist. I made the flowers using the rest of the pink fabric (that I used to make the hearts for the canvas piece) and layered them on top of the pink twine. I used the scroll stamp (my fav of the stamp set) in the corners which I accented with pink pearl paint.
My last project is a card. By the time a made my card, I didn't have much left in my kit, so I decided to make a clean and simple card using the stamp set. I heat embossed the crown with American Crafts gold glitter embossing powder. I next stamped the sentiment under the crown with gold ink. I used the gorgeous little bling pieces on the tops of the crown and attached one of the flower bling at the bottom of it. I then made it into a layered banner piece and sewed it onto my card base.
 
This was such an awesome kit to work with - the products meshed so well, and the stamp set was fun to play with!
 
Make sure you check out the rest of the design team's reveals and prepared to be inspired!!
 

You can order in the HouSe, over the phone (817) 431-7930, or online at
 
Have fun creating!! :)
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love the Canvas, never would have guessed the layered hearts were on that. Lovely projects Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your projects! They're beautiful. The quilt cut is my favorite. When I saw the sneak I immediately wanted to see more. I love how you used the sequins on the shine layout and your hearts canvas. And I love that font on the wedding layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of items created - that wall hanging is lovely as are the pages.

    ReplyDelete