Friday, October 23, 2009

LOAD #16 and #9 with my Oct Studio Calico Kit!


I don't think I'll make the LOAD challenge but we were issued a challenge on Studio Calico to predict how many layouts we would make with our October kit before we got the new Nov kits and I STUPIDLY predicted that I would make 15. I had made that many with the previous month's kit so I wanted to push myself to use up as much as I could of this kit. The thing is - even though I made 15 layouts with last month's kit - I still have lots of it left!! They are definitely a good deal and are jam-packed full of stuff! I am up to 9 layouts so far with about 2 weeks until I get the new kit in my hot little hands so I think I can do it!
I'm excited because I get a $25 gift card to SC for using one of their kits exclusively on a layout that got published in Scrapbook Trends!! That means I may get all 3 of the add-on kits as we also get a $10 friends and family discount on anything (except for the sub kits) they sell on the site!! If anyone is interested in using the $10 discount I can give you the code. It's good for the month of November (starting on Oct 28).
This layout is of my friends, Michael and me at a school dance. It was Michael's and my first official date together. We are the ones at the bottom right! The journaling is on the envie pocket under the pic! BTW...this pic is from 1981!!!! AY yi yi.....I am old!!! TFL!!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!!! Old??? Not likely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I cant wait to see what is in SB Trends! That is awesome!
    Love what you did with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not as old as me, you young whipper-snapper! Love this layout - what a great photo. The circle borders and kraft envie photo matt will probably have to be lifted by me. BTW, my first child was born in 1981. That should make you feel young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, how cool to have a photo of your first date. Wish we did.... and our first date wasn't that much after yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO, am amazed you can get that much mileage out of one kit, you rock!

    ReplyDelete