Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Using up my August SC kit before I get my September one!


I've been taking the time to actually use the kits that I've been buying this month...LOL. I'm about halfway through my August Studio Calico kit and I'm working on a layout right now! I got the idea for this layout the other day when I saw the picture combined with that awesome Studio Calico patterned paper, and I finally put it together today! I used my new EK Success star border punch that I got at M's the other day with my 40% off coupon. I actually found it in the kid's section with the American Girl's scrapbooking stuff ;)! It's so cute and red! The photo is of Jonathan from this summer while we were visiting Greer's Ferry. This water was ice cold and it felt wonderful on a scorching hot day! TFL!

6 comments:

  1. Val, I really love the colors of this layout and the little stars were the perfect touch, great job...as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star hanging down ready to be grabbed is such a lovely touch. Cute border punch, I'm going to have to invest in some...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars add so much to this LO and they are placed perfectly. I love the black borders too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! HA! Using up what? UMMM, where did I put that SC kit? UMM..yeah 'over there'. I'll never completely use up any kit...I think I am doomed to have kits unused for the rest of eternity because I don't have time to scrap. I try to make time but it doesn't always happen. That being said...I have a LO out. But it's because I have a Guest DT spot to fulfill for this month. LOLOLOL. Otherwise I would be NOT scrapping still.

    Love the LO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a good thing one of us is using that kit! My poor SC kits sit in the crop bags for months. Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I might have to lift this one too . . .

    ReplyDelete