Thursday, November 4, 2010

Recipe challenge at Studio Calico


I have to say that the Studio Calico kit I got last month (October), has got to be my least favorite ever! And, I've been getting their kits going on 2 years now! It just seemed that a lot of things just didn't go together and there just wasn't much to it. But, I've been plugging along trying to get a few layouts made with it before my November kit gets here tomorrow! One of the dt gals at SC came up with a recipe challenge that helped me use at least some of my kit and I really like the way it turned out! The recipe was to use:

kraft paper
buttons
a tag
journal strips
diecut paper
and an alpha stamp

This is a very old picture of me with my month old first child Samantha. I look like such a baby - and let's face it I was a baby! We both were, but I grew up fast raising her and her brother who came just a year later! TFL!

5 comments:

  1. I like the way the journaling is spread across the LO - and yeah we *were* babies growing up with our babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout. You look so very young! Sweet journaling. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you used the die cut paper and how the journaling is spread over the LO and how you even used some of the holes you punched from your edge. Very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the easel was hard! but this is too cute.

    ReplyDelete