Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So Proud of my Chem major son!!

Whew - it was a busy, but fun Thanksgiving break this past week!! I had all my kiddoes home with me and we did a lot of visiting, shopping and eating!! I've had this layout sitting on my desk finished except for the journaling since before Thanksgiving week. I've known what I wanted to journal, I just needed to find the time to sit down and get all the words and feelings figured out just right before I typed them up on the tags. This was a bittersweet moment for me when I took this picture of my son. I tear up every time I look at it and think about how very proud he was to show off the research that he's been involved with for the past 2 years involving Super Critical Fluid Extractors (I've heard about it an awful lot from Jonathan!!) and the work he, his team, and his teacher are doing with Aboriginal cave paintings in Australia and the Chauvet cave paintings in France and carbon dating. From what he's said, they've come up with a technique to completely remove impurities without harming the samples they are testing. Very cool stuff!! I'm so very proud of him, but I'm also a little bit sad, because I know next year he will be going off to Grad school and I will miss him so very very much!!

I used my Nov Handmade Studio Calico kit to make this layout - with some punches (the plaid border punch by EK Success and the Medallion Martha Stewart Punch) and some extra goodies I had sitting on my scrap table - LOVE those wooden Prima buttons!! I did a lot of misting and used a few star SC rub-ons that I've been hoarding!! TFL!

2 comments: