Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hello 17!!

Wow!! My baby is 17!! It's hard to believe how fast time is flying! She'll be a senior next year and then off to college. I can't think about that too often...it makes me depressed....

I just had to scrap this photo of her on her birthday with her favorite gift that her brother and I stood in line to get for her at midnight - the night it went on sale (the day before her birthday!). I got her the super deluxe game with a bunch of extras - she was surprised and thrilled!

I used products from my May Studio Calico kit to make this - with a few extras thrown in. I found some (OLD) Heidi Swapp clear stars at a tiny gift store a couple of weeks ago and snatched them up. I loved these when they came out (the package was dated 2006) - that was the year I started scrapbooking! :) I also threw on a bunch of those awesome tiny veneer stars by SC. I have a little cup filled with those stars that I like to sift through every once in a while just to feel the wood through me fingers (weird, huh?). Those tiny little metal blue flowers I got from Michael's the other night - some French style thing - I forgot what they are called and who makes them and I'm too lazy to look it up right now. I did get several packages of those - I think they're made by Jolee's?? I loved every single package and can't wait to use the little bits and pieces on my layouts! I used my Mister Huey - water cooler - on the mistable hexagons - then I sewed over a few of them.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

9 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! Love that you mixed some old and new product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout! Love the Heidi Swapp Memory file as a frame for your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout, Valerie! Those stars were definitely a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! My daughter had her birthday this past weekend too! She is younger, and I get sad even thinking about tomorrow night being her last elementary concert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is beautiful. I love the blue and yellow. I have this paper too, and haven't quite figured out how to use it--I will use your page as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab layout - love the colors and love how you did the title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun layout - and there are Diablo fans here too. I still have those HS stars - they came out the second year I taught Scrapbooking and I bought the HS kits from Costco on severe discount as class kits :) Have been cutting similar shapes out of packaging as I love the look so.

    ReplyDelete