Don't forget to take 12 pictures on the 12th tomorrow for the Ella Publishing challenge!! Remember to link us up to your layout by the 18th and you will be eligible for the prize drawing on the 19th!! Here's some info about the challenge for you if you need a refresher or if you just want to jump in right now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to start in January?Nope! The ideas and inspiration in the Take Twelve kit are relevant no matter when you start. You can start your project in March and finish next February. If you missed the January start, consider starting on your birthday month and continuing for 12 months from there. We'll keep the email reminders coming through the end of 2013, as long as there's interest!
Alternate idea: even if you're discovering this idea in May, but you want to scrapbook 12 on the 12th throughout 2012 (which has such a nice ring to it!), simply adapt the project and select 12 photos you've already taken from throughout the month to complete your pages from January through April, and then at the end of each new month, simply select any 12 photos taken throughout the month and make your page.
What if I can't take my photos on the 12th?Then take them on the 10th or 13th or 18th! This is your project and you can adapt the ideas however you'd like.
Can I participate and enter the giveaways if I don't buy the kit?Of course!
Can I participate in the giveaways even if I don't take my photos on the 12th?The giveaways on the 19th of each month will be restricted to pages featuring 12 photos taken during the current month (or the previous month for those who are doing a variation to include 12 photos taken from throughout the month). But we don't care which day you take them, as long as they're uploaded to the linky party by the deadline.
Does it matter what camera I use?
The best camera is the one you have with you. Use the camera on your phone, your point-and-shoot, your digital SLR, or your webcam—or a combination of all of these! Whatever it takes to get the job done.
Can I use the Photo Collage Templates even if I'm not a digital scrapbooker?Yes! Even beginners will be able to use these templates, as long as they have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. (Download a free trial version here.)
There are lots of ways to participate!
- Get a free email reminder sent to you on the 11th of each month, so you'll never forget to take your photos. Click here to sign up for our email list.
- Take 12 photos of your everyday life on or around the 12th of each month. Need ideas for what things to photograph? Get our Take Twelve Guided Inspiration Kit!
- Turn those 12 photos into a scrapbook page, using your own supplies and ideas—or get help from the sketches, journaling lists, printable titles, and mini calendar accents in our Take Twelve kit.
- Visit our blog on the 12th and the 19th of each month to see Take Twelve layouts from our team and from other readers too.
- Enter your layout into our linky party on the 19th of each month for a chance to win great prizes from our sponsors.
- Feel proud of yourself for making a commitment to preserving precious memories this year.