Saturday, November 10, 2012

One Fine Day at the Fair.....

I love this patterned paper by October Afternoon - as soon as I saw it I knew that I wanted to use the photos I had taken at our local Fall Festival our town has every year. It's just a tiny fair that's only open for one day, but we like to go watch the local singers and dancers perform while eating some yummy fair food - our favorite is the food the Philippine ladies from our church make!! The thing is - I never let my kids go on any of the rides at local fairs - I don't trust any of them except the merry-go-round and they're too old for that ride now!!

I used products from my October Studio Calico kit to make this. I layered the rest of the tiny vellum envelopes that I had left that came in a couple of the add-ons this month under the photos. I can't believe I actually used up all of those things!! I misted a couple of doilies with gold Mister Huey, then layered some smaller white doilies on top of them. I diecut 2 different titles pieces using my Silhouette Cameo. I did a bit of splattering and and layering of embellishments and then my page was done!!

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh how fun - I also saw that paper and knew what I wanted to use it for - but for me it's the London Eye :)

    Neat use of those little envelopes (I've just used on on my cream tea page) aren't they sweet? Do like the scatter of embellishments across the diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that paper too! It looks great on your layout. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I think the paper you used as your background is very difficult to work with, but you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fantastic layout! Great title work. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the envelopes!

    ReplyDelete