Friday, November 2, 2012

The Story.....

Lately my youngest and I just don't see eye to eye very often and we butt heads constantly! But, last week, she unexpectedly got a day off from school for some senior stuff and I thought that it would be a good time to do some bonding. I suggested we go to a movie that she's been wanting to see but is only showing in limited theaters. The closest place to see it was 45 minutes away. The movie is called The Perks of Being a Wallflower and we both really enjoyed it very much! It was nice to have normal conversations and discussions with her! We both enjoyed the movie so much we went to the bookstore after we ate lunch and bought the book to read (I like the movie much better than the book!!). I really wanted to capture that memory so I made a layout! The photos are of the two of us on the day and the book we purchased.

I used products from my October Studio Calico kit to make this.  I used the wide elementary lines washi tape across the middle of the base of my paper. I love that you can still see the pattern underneath it! I used my Silhouette Cameo to diecut some Polaroid frames and the title piece as well as a couple of accents. I even included the ticket stub from the movie theater! The journaling is partially hidden in a vellum envelope that's attached in back of the photo. I loved the excess selvage strip on the paper bottom of the pp, so I cut 1/2" off the top of the page to make it perfectly square! I even did a stamped image (the "love this arrow") across the page and the date stamp above the day that we spent together. I love the enamel dots by MME - and I used them in several places on my layout!!

Thanks so much for looking and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that washi tape - have already used some. Lovely lines here and well done on using the ticket stub.

    ReplyDelete