Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Using some pics from scanned slides


This is layout I did using a picture that I had scanned from a slide that I recently got from my mom! Last time I was at her house I grabbed a couple of boxes of slides to have scanned to disk, and then I also had some of them printed out. I don't really like the way the guy printed these out - I really wanted them to look like the original 3x3 with the white border around them, but he said he couldn't do it like that. I do have them on disk so maybe I can find someplace online that will print them that way. This is a picture of me on my first communion day with a group pf my friends and my sister. I can't believe I actually remember their names as this was taken 40 (!!!!) years ago - in 1970. The girl to the far left was my best friend Patricia, next is my sister Becky, I'm in the middle with the fluffy headdress, short and sassy dress, and white knee socks, next is my schoolmate and friend Marissa, and then the girl that lived across the street from me, Laurie. I'm slowly but surely trying to use up all of my March Studio Calico kit. I think this has been my least favorite kit to use. It's a beautiful kit - I'm just having a hard time making everything work together! My favorite part of the kit was the rose ribbon - and I used the last little dregs of what was left on this layout! For some reason this layout looks like it's titled sideways. I measured around and put everything straight on this - I think the dots on the fabric flower page or titled and we are titled in the picture, so it's an optical illusion that everything is crooked. It's not though! TFL!

2 comments:

  1. I thought it looked tilted too - looks like the photo is on a slant but I can see now that it isn't. You have created a beautiful optical illusion. I love the colors and all the flowers on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such beautiful colors! Love the LO.

    ReplyDelete