Friday, July 29, 2011

My newfound freedom!!

Well, I have lots more time now that I don't have a job since the lss that I worked for closed it's doors for good last Saturday!! Oh how I'll miss Scrapbook Corner - they were the best scrapbook store hands down in all of Arkansas - and I thought that way before I started working there!! That job was a dream come true!! Not only did I get to spend lots of time with scrappy goodness while I worked, I met lots of awesome people, taught lots of classes (with rave reviews if I do say so myself :)!! ), and designed for the store also. I had my pick of whatever I wanted!! And not only that, but I had the best boss ever!! Sigh....

But on the plus side, I have had so much time to create just for myself, and I also can start keeping up so much better with my dt duties - that I've kind of been lacking on :/!!

I think I've created a layout a day since I've stopped working! I had two Studio Calico kits that hadn't been touched - so very unlike me!! - that I cracked into!

This layout is of my precious kittie boy Gremlin. I have 4 cats, but this guy just really has touched my heart. He's next to me all the time without being all up over me (just my scrappy stuff sometimes!). I used my July SC kit for this. I used the stamp and metallic pewter Zing for the circles then hand sewed across the circles. I did use my SewEasy tool - love that thing. It's so quick and easy to make a straight punched line! For the picture I used a cool app on my iphone called Picture Show to create the collage!



The next layout is of my dh . These are some pics I took of him while we were in Cozumel during our cruise for our 25th Anniversary!! That was 3 years ago to the day!! Wow - time sure does fly!! We were going going on a jungle ATV ride to some archaeological digs and we all had to wear the crazy Mad Max helmet and goggles and they gave us all pink scarves to wear under the helmets - even the guys!! You can see it just poking out the back of Michael's helmet in the pic!! We had lots of fun on that trip and I'd love to go again!! For the outer border of the layout, I used the leftover punched scraps from my punched border pieces (across the middle) to create it! I love the way that turned out!!




I'll be able to post so much more often now on my blog so I hope to see you around!!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, so sorry about the job. That really stinks... though you are seeing the rainbow (more scrappy time) so that's cool! LOL Great pages as usual. Your kitty is a cutie! And LOL @ mad max. Too funny. I look forward to everything else you'll be creating.

    ReplyDelete