Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summery Color Inspiration

When we were asked to choose a combination of colors for one of our layouts I was thrilled to snag my favorite colors! Being from a coastal town (even though I'm landlocked now here in Arkansas!!) I've always been drawn to the cool colors of aqua blues and yellows - and I just love the punch of orange and green mixed in! Here's my color inspiration

And here's my layout I created using a piece of patterned paper and border from the Soul Food collection for my punches of orange and green, and some of the fun embellishments from the Funhouse collection as well as some patterned paper from the Homespun collection.
For added texture and color, I hand stitched a pennant border down the side of my layout (using my handy Sew Easy tool!) and filled in the flags with paints and then machine stitched around the perimeter.
List of products: Patterned paper - GCD Studios Soulfood - Soul Petit, Orange
Homespun Chic - Vintage Jane
GCD Studios Funhouse Embellishments - Popcorn Journal tags, Photo Strips, and Chipboard Wheels


Other Supplies: Cardstock - Bazzill; Twine - Twinery, Paint - Claudine Hellmuth; Sew Easy tools and floss; American Crafts chipboard letters; EK Success border punches; Sewing Machine, thread and vintage typewriter.


Thanks for stopping by and Have fun creating

1 comment: