Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day 1

I am attempting to make Tim's tags this year. I followed along 2 years ago, invested a lot of money in supplies, and made the whole set. Last year I followed along, invested a lot of money in supplies and did not make 1 tag!! This year, I plan on keeping supplies to very minimal - most everything from my stash. The only way I will invest any money is if I absolutely have nothing that can substitute to my liking! So here's Tim's tag
It's gorgeous as usual, but the only thing I had was the die to cut the banner. I improvised A LOT on mine. Here's my tag
I didn't have the embossing folder that Tim used on his tag (and he also used cardstock for the tag itself which he diecut), so I took a regular tag and sprayed it with a blue mist. I then took a snowflake background which I cut with my Silhouette, and used it as a mask and spritzed some white spray mist on top of that. I then stamped a few small snowflakes using silver Stazon ink. For the Noel, I also cut that with my Silhouette. I didn't have the pinecone die to make the pinecones, but I did have a scalloped edge die that made the same spiral cut as Tim's pinecone die and used the same technique as he did to make mine. I did have the banner die which I used to cut the banner. I didn't have the die to cut the greenery so I just used some artificial greenery from some of my old Christmas garlands that I don't use anymore. For the scrolls, I used a piece of diecut chipboard that was already in the scroll shape and inked them and them covered them with Distress Stickles (picket fence). I didn't have any pearl like charms, so I just attached a metal snowflake to my tag near the ribbon - I do plan on purchasing some pearls and attaching them tomorrow. I am just about finished with my December Daily page for the day - I will post that later this evening! TFL!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good - congratulations on getting it made AND doing the December Daily page.

    ReplyDelete