Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cousins....A vintage photo from 1989


This is a vintage photo of my 2 oldest when they were babies and they first met their older cousin. We were visiting them and had never seen each other as we were stationed in England. 

I used products from my August Studio Calico kit. I was trying to use up a bunch of the October Afternoon chipboard pieces. I used about 1/3 of the pack as I didn't want to have chipboard overload -  - and I think it might be right on the verge of too many as it is!! LOL I'm getting close to using up the whole kit ( my goal is to just use my kits and add stash so I won't have so much stash leftover) and the piece I wanted to use was just too bright to layer under the photo ( the floral paper), so I layered a piece of vellum on top of it and sewed around the edges to tone it down. I have some hidden journaling on a tag which I tucked into a pocket that I cut into the piece of vellum under the photo. I was so glad to use up so many child-like pieces of chipboard as I have a hard time using them up. I made a little confetti with some glitter paper and sprinkled a bit around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!


4 comments:

  1. I like the framing and top line of chipboard etc. think you've got the amount about right. I end up using the child like chipboard on cards for kids especially new babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really beautiful page! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think it looks great! Love October Afternoon goodies and love how the vellum muted some of the bright!

    ReplyDelete