Thursday, August 16, 2012

My girls....


Just a couple of layouts of my sweet girls - I've scrapped these photos before, but they are great shots, so I had to scrap them again!! I used products from my August Studio Calico kit with a little stash thrown in!

The top layout is of my younger dd a couple of years ago - I took the photo of her at a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans. Yeah, we had fun there as you can tell by her face! :)
I used the chevron stamp (I'm not the greatest stamper as you can tell, but I don't care - I like the imperfect look - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). I cut the titles with my Silhouette Cameo. I actually did some stitching on here - it's been a while since I've done a lot of machine stitching on my layout - I used to do it on EVERY layout!! I made some splotched using some Mister Huey. That kind of turned into a mess because my cat decided to jump up onto my table right after misting and he swished his tail across and left some marks where I didn't want them! So I did some cover-ups - the top left hand corner was just going to be left blank, but there was a horrible swish of black across it, so it became a little collage!

One of the arrows at the bottom also had a black swish line, so I covered it up with the veneer butterfly - and then I added a few more for balance! I actually like it better with all the added pieces!

The bottom layout is of my older daughter and her husband. I took this photo a couple of years ago one fall afternoon. They really know how to pose well  - I had a great photoshoot with them that day!

I used the backside of inner piece of the patterned paper that I had just used on the previous layout of my younger daughter! I hated to waste the whole sheet just for the outer frame so I cut out the middle of it to use on another layout!! This layout came together quickly - I wanted to give the layout an airy, ethereal feel to it so that the photo would really stand out.I used the ribbon under the photo, across the page to ground the photo so it wouldn't look like it was flying on the page.

I used some fabulous crochet hearts made by Debbie Back (she sells these on Etsy), a couple of heart stick pins, a couple of veneer birds (Studio Calico) and some chipboard clouds (also by Studio Calico) from my stash. I purchased a pack of October Afternoon chipboard pieces and use a few of them on my layout with a few jewels sprinkled around and my layout was complete!!

If you made it all the way through this lllooonnggg post - thanks for sticking with it!!

And thanks for stopping by!! Have a great day!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Fun pages! Especially love the second lo, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Love both but the second is my FAVOURITE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! I love the second one too. The ribbon looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete