Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting Fed at the Shed

I got some October Afternoon Boarding Pass and I'm so excited to use it. For my first project I made a 2-page layout of a recent trip my family and I took down to the coast of Mississippi - my hometown of Ocean Springs!! We learned about an awesome BBQ place on the Food Network and went to check it out! Not only was the food delicious but the restaurant was full of some funky cool stuff!


For the flower embellishments, I decided to make some of my own layered flowers similar to the ones that I've seen for sale. They are so easy to make and you can make them to coordinate with any patterned papers that you are using!

All you need are two scalloped circle punches in various sizes (I used a 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" sized punch), some tape, some buttons and various twines or flosses.

Cut one large scalloped circle from a piece of patterned paper and one smaller scalloped circle from a coordinating piece of patterned paper. I then inked the edges of my punched circles - but that's totally optional.


Using one foot of the twine (or floss), tape one end to the back of the smaller punched circle

Start wrapping the floss around the scalloped edges going back and forth across your circle
When you completely wrapped your flower, tape the end to the back of the punched circle and your top flower is done!


Now, you simply layer the entwined circle on top of the larger punched circle using a glue dot (there will be plenty of dimension with all the twine under it) and then top it with a button! You can also just choose to use the smaller flower without layering on top of the large one - either way looks great!

So simple and fun!! I hope I've inspired you to make your own layered flower embellishments!! Have fun creating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment