Friday, February 6, 2015

Finished in a Flash Challenge with the LBH Media Team

Last Monday evening I took part in a very hard challenge for me - to make a layout in 30 minutes!! I have got to be the slowest scrapper in the world. I worry, and move around, and look for just the right thing to use on my projects so long, my layout can take a couple of days to make. So, for this challenge (and just 10  minutes before we started!!) I threw a stack of patterned paper on my table (which included some scraps from recent projects), I picked a few packs of embellishments with hearts in them (a challenge requirement), a stamp set (also another challenge requirement), and used the photo that was sitting right on top of the stack of photos that was sitting on my work table. Here's what I came up with

I already had the heart cut from a previous project (I used the heart as a template to punch around it for a sewing project on a layout) so that made it tad easy to accommodate the love theme. I did a little layering, and found a place for the stamped saying at the bottom of my photo. That inspired me to use a few gold stars as accents around my photo. I love that the piece of patterned paper looks like it had washi around the edges and that gave me a frame for the white space on my layout. Having a frame around the outside of my layout is one of my favorite ways to ground the layout. I used the project life journaling card to act as the title/journaling of my layout - which saved me lots of time! I had just enough time to splatter some gold ink across my layout.
For the paper layered under my photo - I just eyeballed it and hand cut the mats. It was quick and easy, and I don't mind the uneven edges at all.

Here's a list of the products I used
Patterned papers - Amy Tangerine for American Crafts - Cut and Paste, Studio Calico, Shimelle for American Crafts
Embellishments - Decorative pins - Maggie Holmes - Flea Market, Crate Paper; Ribbon Tag - Maggie Holmes - Open Book, Crate Paper; Gold Stars - Studio Calico; chipboard Polaroid frame - Crate Paper; Doily - Michael's
Stamp - Studio Calico
Ink - Versafine
Spray Mist - Heidi Swapp

Check out The Little Blue House blogpost to see the rest of the team projects!!

2 comments: