Saturday, December 3, 2011

December Daily and Tim Holtz Tags of Christmas - Day 2

This is day 2 of my December Daily. I made my album so that when you opened up the pages pages, the faces pages could be like a 2-page spread if I wanted it that way. I have a pocket page in between the two pages sewed in different spots after I filled it with things. My daughter had her Jazz band Christmas Concert on this day!





I also was able to make the 2 tag of Tim Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas. It's really close to his as I had most of this items that he used. Here's his tag:

And here's my tag:

He used his Kraft resist paper, and I didn't have that so I tool a piece of similar patterned paper, and heat embossed the saying on the side with clear embossing powder. I did the same with the holly in the corner. I didn't have the same color paint as he used, but I used a similar color to get the white effect on the tag. I had the reindeer diecut, so I was able to make that - but not exactly the way he did. Tim used some sticky back canvas that he attached to some grungeboard. I didn't have any of the sticky back canvas, so I just took a regular canvas (made for painting) and cut out the middle and diecut it. I then diecut a piece of grungeboard and glued the canvas on top of it. It looked exactly the same! I already had the star charm and I bought some of the green tree garland that the wreath is made of at Hobby Lobby for $1. I didn't have the die that Tim used for the bottom piece, so I just used one of my (many) border punches and punched a piece of grungeboard to use. The bottom piece is supposed to have brads across the bottom which have been hit and distressed with a hammer, but I didn't have any, so I used some silver dew drops that I had and colored them with some alcohol ink. I used the underside of the dewdrops instead of the rounded tops to give it the same kind of distressed look as Tim's tag. I had the same ribbons and charms for the ribbon decoration. It looks so much better in person than the picture shows, and it's really close to Tim's! Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow to work on the next tag and album pages! TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment