Thursday, December 29, 2011

Finding time to create!!

Last night was the first time in several days I've actually had time to make anything - and I cranked out 2 layouts - that's unusual for me since I usually take a day or two to arrange and rearrange just one layout...LOL!! I used my December Studio Calico kit for these - it's been sitting on my desk all month and since I just ordered a ton of stuff from them for January, I really need to start using this up!!



I will be challenging myself and my family starting next month - in January we will be on a spending freeze and I will now be buying anything that is not essential in our lives - aka food and gas for the cars. I plan on doing this month to month, so if all goes well we'll do this in February too! That means no extra scrappy supplies, no Route 44's during happy hour (I'll really miss that!), no new clothes, no nothing! I did this once before and it wasn't that hard for a month. I'd like to actually do this for the next 6 months since we will be going to Washington DC this summer - I can save up lots of money for our trip! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the spending freeze. I like the colour combination and layers on both pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layouts and would like to invite you to join my design team at http://sweetsassydiva.com/ We have weekly challenges for the design team members. I am looking to add to the design team in 2012 and would love to add more layouts to the site. Please email me at sweetsassydiva@aol.com My facebook page is sweetsassydiva.

    Bobbi Jo Sweetsassydiva

    ReplyDelete